Time, difficulty and servings:
• 10-15 minutes
• Serves 2
• 2 large, ripe tomatoes
• 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and sliced
• 1 clove garlic, peeled and halved
• 2 spring onions, or 1 small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
• 55g of small black olives, if possible Niçoise olives, pitted
• 3 hard boiled eggs
• 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh basil or flat parsley
• 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil or French vinaigrette
• ½ a head of lettuce, shredded
• 90g of peeled fava beans
• 3-4 anchovy fillets, cut into thin strips or 180g of tuna chunks
1. Hard boil the eggs and put them into iced water to make peeling easier. Set aside
2. Rub the garlic clove all over the inside of a wooden salad bowl
3. Cut the tomatoes into wedges and put them into a colander. shake over salt, and let them drain there for a few minutes while you prepare the rest of the salad
4. Add the cucumber, onions, olives, fava beans and lettuce to the bowl.
5. Peel and cut the eggs into wedges
6. Mix the olive oil with the herbs and a bit of salt and pepper to your taste. Add the tomatoes to the bowl and incorporate most of the dressing with the salad, reserving a bit to drizzle over the eggs. Add more salt if needed
If you're using tuna, add this now and toss into the salad.
7. Place the eggs on top of the salad and arrange the anchovy strips over the eggs. Pour the remaining dressing over the eggs.